HTML - 0202
Intro to HTML - 0202
HTML Tags! - If you build it, They will come ?
How to increase your visitor count:
Allow visitors to register to be notified when your web page is updated.
That way, they know when things have been changed to see what's new.
Visit this site to see how it is done:
Use Meta Tags
- Make sure the search terms that are important to your page appear
in its title. Don't over do it by listing every search term that you
desire. Instead, pick your most important terms and focus the page title
around those words.
- Also remember to keep your page title attractive enough to make someone
want to visit your site.
- Submit/Register your web page to various search engines.
- Meta tags go inside the <HEAD>...</HEAD>
- Meta tag ex: <META name="keywords"
content="sas,html,sas consulting, statistics, jobs, employment">
- META tag ex: <META name="description"
content="SAS Website for the SAS community Worldwide">
- Use META tags to improve your site's visibility to search engines
- Search engines read the text on your web pages. Make sure the search
terms important to you appear in the body of your web page, especially
in the first paragraph or two.
- All search engines are not the same. Some crawl your site, others
will add only the pages you submit.
- Don't try "spamming" or "tricking" search engines by repeating
your search terms hundreds of times. Some engines will throw you out
because of these techniques!
- Some search engines may avoid or miss listing free web pages provided
by Internet access providers for a variety of reasons. Consider using
a low-cost private hosting service to ensure you have no such problems.
- Some search engines have problems reading frames or image maps. Make
sure there is a non-frame, non-image map way for search engines to enter
your web site.
- Search web for tips on improving your score! An example of one is:
- Other Tips
- Focus on your expertise
- Don't try to be a generalist
- Maintain your site
- Answer your emails
- Provide helpful links to other sites
- exchange linking privileges
- Be selective with graphic images
- review your site periodically with a critical eye
- test your changes locally and globally using different browsers and
different versions (2.0 up to 3.2)
- careful using more advance features of HTML, Java, Perl, etc.
might be a waste of your time